Foundation Medicine approach broadly examines the tumour genome
The Foundation Medicine comprehensive genomic profiling approach leverages next generation sequencing (NGS) technology to examine regions of the tumour genome that other tests miss.1–12 Comprehensive genomic profiling detects the four main classes of genomic alterations – base substitutions, insertions or deletions, copy number alterations and gene rearrangements – in a comprehensive set of cancer-relevant genes, and reports tumour mutational burden (TMB) and microsatellite instability (MSI).*1–6
What makes comprehensive genomic profiling different?
Multigene hotspot NGS tests
Comprehensive genomic profiling
Clear, in-depth report supports clinical decision-making
Our clear, in-depth report supports clinical decision-making by providing insights on the patient’s genomic profile as well as associated targeted therapies, immunotherapies and relevant clinical trials. The report also highlights important disease-relevant genes with no reportable alterations identified and genomic alterations associated with potential resistance to therapy to help rule out potentially ineffective treatment.13
- FoundationOne®CDx Technical Specifications, 2018. Available at: www.rochefoundationmedicine.com/f1cdxtech (Accessed March 2019).
- FoundationOne®Liquid Technical Specifications, 2018. Available at: https://www.foundationmedicine.com/genomic-testing/foundation-one-liquid (Accessed March 2019).
- FoundationOne®Heme Technical Specifications, 2017. Available at: www.foundationmedicine.com/genomic-testing/foundation-one-heme (Accessed March 2019).
- Frampton GM et al. Nat Biotechnol 2013; 31: 1023–1031.
- Clark TA et al. J Mol Diagn 2018; 20: 686–702.
- He J et al. Blood 2016; 127: 3004–3014.
- Suh JH et al. Oncologist 2016; 21: 684–691.
- Chalmers ZR et al. Genome Med 2017; 9: 34.
- Rozenblum AB et al. J Thorac Oncol 2017; 12: 258–268.
- Schrock AB et al. Clin Cancer Res 2016; 22: 3281–3285.
- Ross JS et al. Gynecol Oncol 2013; 130: 554–559.
- Hall MJ et al. J Clin Oncol 2016; 34: 1523–1523.
- FoundationOne®CDx Sample Report, 2018. Available at: www.rochefoundationmedicine.com/reporting (Accessed March 2019).
- A search for “Foundation Medicine”[Affiliation] on the NCBI database resulted in 321 publications, as of October 2018. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/term=%E2%80%9CFoundation+Medicine%E2%80%9D%5BAffiliation%5D (Accessed March 2019).
- Foundation Medicine Publications. Available at: https://www.foundationmedicine.com/publications (Accessed March 2019).
- FoundationOne®CDx FDA Approval, 2017. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf17/P170019a.pdf (Accessed March 2019).
- FoundationOne®CDx clinical validation, 2017. Available at: http://www.foundationmedicine.com/genomic-testing/foundation-one-cdx (Accessed March 2019).